About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I'm an arts management worker/ artist/ designer. I work at Accessible Arts in administration and bookkeeping, but also work on various freelance activities from photography to graphic design. I'm Associate Partner at the ARI, the Big Fag Press, board member of Runway Australian Experimental Art and occasionally work at Bailey and Yang Consultants. My creative work has often been driven by social issues and commentary. This blog started as a way of documenting research for my honours year at uni, which I have continued, in order to gather inspiration for future artistic practice.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Parody Shoot


I did my first studio photoshoot a few weeks ago - stressful,  but I think the photos turned out really well thanks to my fantastic stylist Paris Tucker, photographer Shayne Baptist and model Amelia Conway. I had 6 outfits all consisting of patterned jeans, a lace top and some with a coloured jacket. I was trying to emulate poses you usually find in catalogue shoots for chain stores. I need to still retouch the photos (mostly lighting) and come up with a good title for the shoot like "Original designs this season!" or something.

For layout, I am thinking of have several spreads with the photos laid out separately, and a mix of photos - landscape, portrait & closeups. Then for the final spread I can include all 6 looks next to each other. I think the parody will come out clearly this way, especially since it's all the same model. The title needs some good consideration though.

No comments:

Post a Comment