About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I'm an arts management worker/ artist/ designer. I work at Accessible Arts in administration and bookkeeping, but also work on various freelance activities from photography to graphic design. I'm Associate Partner at the ARI, the Big Fag Press, board member of Runway Australian Experimental Art and occasionally work at Bailey and Yang Consultants. My creative work has often been driven by social issues and commentary. This blog started as a way of documenting research for my honours year at uni, which I have continued, in order to gather inspiration for future artistic practice.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fashion Satire

I've just thought of something that seems to link all my research together - satire. Actually, I can't believe my cynical fashion brain didn't think of this before.

WWWWD


"I am sick of curves! I had a model in my show last season who was so fat she needed a bra".

Chic Shallot - another satirical fashion column.

I don't think there's a whole lot of theory written on fashion satire, because it's probably a fairly new thing - there's certainly a lot of political satire, but things like I hurt I am in Fashion are pretty new.

No comments:

Post a Comment